Tuesday, October 13, 2009

weird experience at voting booth..

Like a good n responsible citizen i went to cast my vote early in the morning today...being not satisfied with candidates who contested from my constituency,i decided not to vote anyone..or in short vote negatively...
after proving my identity n doin administrative details i told election officer that i dont want to vote any of the candidates n cast negative vote...he gave me weird surprised look [as if someone gave him news of pakistan attacking india with nuclear weapon] n was baffled for quite few seconds...after recollecting his senses he said as a matter of fact n bit cynically 'why do u want to vote then? u shouldn't have come to cast a vote...' now i was shocked with same expression as his as to how can a govt employee [whose sole duty is to conduct election procedure] ask me not to vote...it's ridiculous.
after trying to find out 17 'c' register they told me ki it is not available with them n i've to write only in 17'a'...
only sad thing was it made my vote public..der shud be a system on electronic voting machine itself to cast negative vote...n der has to be more awareness in public about negative voting system to change political future of this country...

No comments: